Which data viewer to use

Tor Inge Rislaa

Which data viewer to use

I have an article database for my web application. And I am simply wondering
on which data viewer is most suitable for displaying the articles (e.g. five
articles on the page, and paging to drill down to the next five). The
articles should be displayed with a Header a paragraph text, a picture and a
hyperlink.

(I am using ASP.NET 2.0)

TIRislaa

Mark Rae

I have an article database for my web application. And I am simply
wondering on which data viewer is most suitable for displaying the
articles (e.g. five articles on the page,

I guess either a GridView or a Repeater - I don't suppose it would matter
too much which one you choose...
and paging to drill down to the next five).

Paging and drill down are quite separate things, though... Paging means
moving from one subset of records to another subset of records, whereas
drill down means selecting one record and then displaying more data about
that record, or a set of "child" records which are all related to the first
record in some way... E.g. maybe the first table displays a grid of
students, and clicking one one of the student records "drills down" to
display a table of their attendance or whatever...