    Is it always enough to compile just the .c files that have
    changed since the last full compile?

    In which cases this is not enough?

    Sortie, Sep 11, 2009

  2. Sortie

    jameskuyper Guest

    Sortie said "assume the preprocessor directives are not involved in
    the following". The wording and intent of that phrase is less than
    perfectly clear, but it might be taken as implying, among other
    things, that any #include preprocessor directives that might be
    present should be assumed to refer to files (or standard headers)
    which have not changed.

    jameskuyper, Sep 11, 2009

  3. Sortie

    Richard Bos Guest

    No, since if we're doing stupid things like assuming that "the
    preprocessor directives are not involved", there is nothing to stop us
    from calling our source files "something.cee" instead of "something.c".

    Never underestimate the perversity of the undergrad lecturer asking
    imbecilic questions.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Sep 12, 2009