Which is the Latest Stable Release of Java JVM SDK from Sun?

Katerina McLean

I was over at the Sun Microsystem site - and it was not very clear which
is the latest stable release of JVM in the 1.4 series.

Is J2SE v 1.4.2_06 SDK the most stable in the 1.4 series?

Or is J2SE v 1.4.2_04 SDK considered more stable?

cheers,

Kat in Seattle

John C. Bollinger

Katerina said:
I was over at the Sun Microsystem site - and it was not very clear which
is the latest stable release of JVM in the 1.4 series.

Is J2SE v 1.4.2_06 SDK the most stable in the 1.4 series?

Or is J2SE v 1.4.2_04 SDK considered more stable?

Both are released versions of the SDK, therefore both are asserted to be
stable. In the absence of any other information, the later revision
(_06) should be considered an improvement over the earlier one. In
particular, the Java plugin included in 1.4.2_06 is supposed to be free
of a dangerous cross-platform security bug that affected all earlier 1.4
versions from Sun.

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)

Jacob

John said:
Both are released versions of the SDK, therefore both are asserted to be
stable. In the absence of any other information, the later revision
(_06) should be considered an improvement over the earlier one. In
particular, the Java plugin included in 1.4.2_06 is supposed to be free
of a dangerous cross-platform security bug that affected all earlier 1.4
versions from Sun.

I have examples of HTTPS connection code that works just fine in
the _06 version (and 1.5) but consisteently fails in the _04 and
previous versions both on MS/Windows and Linux platforms.