who used Cassini Web Server?

R.A.M.

Hello,
I have problem with IIS 5.1 - it ceased to function. So I downloaded and
installed Cassini Web Server and uninstalled IIS in my Windows XP
Professional. The problem is that I cannot successfully run Cassini. I
entered application directory F:\Inetpub\wwwroot, server port 80, virtual
root / and I pressed Start button. Then message box appers:

Cassini Managed Web Server failed to start listening on port 80. Possible
conflict with another Web Server on the same port.

But I don't have another web server! I uninstalled IIS and I rebooted my
computer. Trying to enter different directory or port doesn't help - still
the same error.

Could you help me please?
Thanks in advance!
/RAM/

PS. By the way: do you know "Unexpected error 0x8ffe2770" in IIS 5.1?
Reinstalling of IIS doesn't solve the problem...

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> But I don't have another web server! I uninstalled IIS and I rebooted my computer.

With Task Manager, look for web server instances running ( aspnet_wp.exe ).

You can specify a different port for Cassini to use, btw, if push comes to shove:

CassiniWebServer c:\temp\ExampleProject 1234

That will run Cassini on port 1234.

Better yet, dump Cassini, which is quite dated, and install Cassiniv2.

Direct link to the source files:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dmitryr/attachment/548131.ashx

You also need the v2.0 version of GACUTIL which is installed
with VWD Express, VS 2005 and the .Net Framework 2.0 SDK.

Make sure you read the "ReadMe.txt" file included in the zipped source.

Norman Yuan

I am not come to say which is better IIS or Cassini.

If the IIS ceased functioning and you can uninstall it, you certainly can
reinstall it easily, can't you?

R.A.M.

Uzytkownik "Norman Yuan said:
I am not come to say which is better IIS or Cassini.

If the IIS ceased functioning and you can uninstall it, you certainly can
reinstall it easily, can't you?

I did it. But the error I had still occurs.
/RAM/

R.A.M.

In ASP.NET application using Cassini Web Server v2 I cannot access Session
object. Is it possible that it is the problem with Cassini?
/RAM/

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Is it possible that it is the problem with Cassini?

No, it is not.
The Session Object works fine in Cassiniv2.