Why “new�

Arne Vajhøj

46, Ken Wesson wrote:
49 AM, Ken Wesson wrote:
[...]
I am also welcome to ask the question

Yes, you are free to do whatever you want. The point is that you used
that freedom to choose to behave in a lazy way

I did not.

and then are now complaining that your laziness was observed and
commented on.

No, I am complaining that I have been *falsely accused* of laziness
*and worse*.

You said that you did not want to spend time on it.

That is the definition of being lazy.

I don't want to spend time uselessly digging holes in my back yard and
then filling them back in and digging them again, either, but that does
not make me lazy. It just makes me not stupid.

No, it doesn't. Nothing can do that. That ship has long since sailed.

Hm.

I think you are correct about that.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Your personal opinions of others are not the topic of this newsgroup. Do
you have anything Java-related to say?

This last claim of yours is easily proven false with a simple Google
search, by the way.

Actually it is easily proven by a google search.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

I will take that as an explicit refusal by you to apologize for your rude
behavior, and therefore as an explicit denial on your part that you wish
to be a part of civilized society.

Since it is apparently your wish not to be a part of civilized society, I
suggest that you unplug your modem forthwith and get thee hence to the
nearest national park, there to "rough it" until you get eaten by bears.
Needless to say, that means no gadgets -- no phones, no iPads, and
certainly no netbooks. You wouldn't want to accidentally come into even
electronic contact with the civilized society you have so clearly
expressed your desire to shun, now, would you?

It seems to be you that want to depart from the society, so ...

Arne

Lars Enderin

2011-02-25 15:25, Arne Vajhøj skrev:
Compulsively posting - hmmm.....

Don't you get a deja-vue feeling when you try to make "Ken Wesson" see
reason? Not the same boiler-plate as a certain kook used, but very
similar behaviour, so similar that you could easily believe it's the
same person. Anyway, your attempts to make him behave rationally will
fail, miserably.

Arne Vajhøj

2011-02-25 15:25, Arne Vajhøj skrev:

Don't you get a deja-vue feeling when you try to make "Ken Wesson" see
reason? Not the same boiler-plate as a certain kook used, but very
similar behaviour, so similar that you could easily believe it's the
same person. Anyway, your attempts to make him behave rationally will
fail, miserably.

They say that it is difficult to predict the future, but I think
you found one of the easier areas to predict!

:)

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

You can't seriously be denying that it has some influence?

Sure I can.

I don't and I never has worked or lived at a place where the threat
of physical violence was something that affected peoples behavior.
Perhaps you'd be better suited to a different newsgroup? It seems you
aren't very interested in discussing Java programming.

Kettle, cat ...

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

33, Ken Wesson wrote:
45, Ken Wesson wrote:
17 AM, Ken Wesson wrote:
[...]
J has arguably helped with that. Some. Fact is, if you apply
yourself to learning and using J then it's not line-noise at
all, it's just extremely terse. It's not symbol cruft in the
same sense that Perl is.

And what, pray tell, is J?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/

That is needlessly snarky. It's not as if one can google a
one-letter query and expect a useful result.

Since Peter suggested a 22 character query, then that is not so
relevant.

Since the only part of Peter's query that was obvious to me was the
letter "j", it is relevant. The rest of it Peter got from his prior
knowledge that J was a programming language -- knowledge I did not
share with him at that time.

Well as I suspected and as Peter now has confirmed then he did not
have prior knowledge.

For that, we have only Peter's word, of course, and I can't consider
that to be especially reliable now, since some other of Peter's recent
words state things that I *know* to be false.

And even if what he said about prior knowledge *is* true, it merely
means that he made a lucky guess.

No. It means that he is not lazy and that he has the basic skills to
work with IT (the ability to find information).

Poppycock. I am not lazy and I have much more than basic skills to work
with IT,

Peter was able and willing to find the info.

You were not.

Arne

blmblm

[ snip ]
Kettle, cat ...

"cat"?

Could you be intending a reference to the old saying about the
pot calling the kettle black, sometimes alluded to by saying
"pot, kettle, black"?

Or have I missed your point?

[ snip ]

Arne Vajhøj

[...]
Kettle, cat ...

"cat"?

Could you be intending a reference to the old saying about the
pot calling the kettle black, sometimes alluded to by saying
"pot, kettle, black"?

Presumably the cat in question is the proverbial black cat.
I found lots of people online presuming to "correct" people using that
version of the idiom, telling them that the "right way" to say is "pot
calling the kettle black". But there are also plenty of examples of
people using the "cat" version of the idiom too.

Looks like Arne added such an example here. :)

It was indeed the black cat I was thinking of.

But I was probably mixing two saying and only by
accident ending up with something known.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

That's funny, because I seem to recall obtaining the info fairly quickly
after deciding to obtain the info.

So what are you whining about then?

We have succeeded in learning you to seek information.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

By that reasoning, I can post a long anti-Obama diatribe (or a long anti-
Republican one, or a long gay-bashing rant, or a long dissertation on
theoretical physics) and claim that since I am commenting on that topic
in a Java group it is therefore Java-related.

I hope the flaw in your logic is now evident to you.

No just the non - applicability of your analogy.

You postede here so people commented on you.

If Obama posted to cljp, then people may comment on him
as well.

If Obama do not post post, then comments on him would
be off topic.

If you had not posted here, then none would have commented
on that.

See - that is logic.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Well, I suppose you technically *can* seriously deny it, *if* you're
delusional...

You mean nobody kept locks on their doors? Nobody had learned any self-
defense skill such as karate? Nobody ever carried a can of Mace, a rape
whistle, or any other such in-case-of-physical-assault item?

I know absolutely nobody that locks their doors or take self defense
lessons to prevent them from being attacked because of their opinion
on Java programming or other IT topics.

I do know a lot of people that lock their doors due to avoid
being burglarized by people they do not know. But that is
not relevant for your claim.
Non sequitur.

It seems to apply perfectly.

Arne

Lars Enderin

2011-02-27 14:10, Ken Wesson skrev:
The one thing I have complained about is extremely rude and disrespectful
behavior from Peter Duniho, Mike Schilling, Lew, and, especially, you,
Arne.

And I am *at least* as well within my rights to do so in this
unmoderated, but nominally Java-topiced, group, as you are to write 18
posts a day in it consisting largely to entirely of your negative
personal opinions of other posters!

Have you noticed anybody rooting for you in this forum,except Jerry
Gerrone? In case you are not the same person as "Jerry" (maybe a split
personality?) you should be wary of support from him, If you have him as
friend, you don't need any enemies. He claims his real name is Jerry
Gerrone, and admits to having used a host of aliases, most prominently
"Twisted". Your behaviour looks alarmingly similar to his. It's tempting
to guess that you are really the same person as Gerrone, using a new
alias and trying to be accepted as a honest guy, but your instincts take
over and you revert to your real character, which is not very nice.

Arne Vajhøj

I'm not refusing to accept any norms. You are the one refusing to accept
the norms of Western English-speaking civil society by being rude,
demanding that people not request apologies, demanding all sorts of other
things, and generally barking orders at everyone in sight and acting like
someone elected you President of the Universe or something.

You, meanwhile, seem to feel that you can just redefine "the norms" to be
whatever supports your position. That is intellectually dishonest, Arne.

I really think you should read the entire FAQ I linked to.

It explains in reasonable detail what and why.

Arne

Lars Enderin

2011-02-27 15:15, Arne Vajhøj skrev:
On 27-02-2011 08:07, Ken Wesson wrote:

I really think you should read the entire FAQ I linked to.

It explains in reasonable detail what and why.

It would be way too painful for him to take in, let alone accept.

Lars Enderin

2011-02-27 16:08, Ken Wesson spewed:
Please shut up.

Brilliant rejoinder. The "Ken Wesson" persona is even worse than
Twisted. Clearly round the bend. Whooping mad.
Take your own advice!