Why are my rows looking so ugly if table is small (height of each row is streched up)?

Evert Wiesenekker

Hello, I just finished a MSDN training module and now this greenhorn
is wondering why my rows returned from a small table are looking so
ugly.

It has to do something with the number of rows returned. When it
returns only 0, 1 or 2 rows, all the columnheaders and rows are
streched up and look really huge. I should have expected that every
row has a fixed height. I did an AutoFormat on the grid.

Thanks for

Eliyahu Goldin

Evert,

The rows will have fixed height if you don't specify the grid's height. Then
the grid will format itself nicely. I am using a trick to make the grid take
exact height that I need: I put the grid inside a container and specify the
height for the container. The grid has transparent background and the
background color of the container is what you would like to set for the
grid. For the user the grid and the container look as one grid. You can use
a <DIV> or <TD> element as the container, depending on your page design.

Eliyahu