why do i need to use org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger to convert XSL-FO to PDF??

sachin

hello everyone,
i am trying to convert my XSL-FO to PDF file by using fop-0.20.5
by importing the following classes:

import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStream;
import java.io_OutputStream;
import org.xml.sax.InputSource;
import org.apache.fop.apps.*;

when i try to run the application, it gives me the following error:
org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger

my question is, why do i need to use the
org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger package in order to convert
my XSL-FO to PDF?? why cant i do it without using this package??

thanks a lot in advance,
sachin.

Soren Kuula

Hi
my question is, why do i need to use the
org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger package in order to convert
my XSL-FO to PDF?? why cant i do it without using this package??

Because it's been compiled into it. It's born and raised to use it. You
just have to download it, fling it into your classpath, cry over the
$0.0001 worth of disk space wasted, and then forget about it ;)

Soren