Why is this an invalid password?

David Thielen

Hi;

Note: I am running this from a winforms app, not ASP.NET. My config is:
private static string memberConfig = "<add
name='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider' " +
"connectionStringName='MembershipSqlServer'
enablePasswordRetrieval='false' " +
"enablePasswordReset='true' requiresQuestionAndAnswer='false'
applicationName='/WindwardPortal' " +
"requiresUniqueEmail='false' passwordFormat='Hashed'
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts='5' " +
"minRequiredPasswordLength='5' minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters='0'
passwordAttemptWindow='10'/>";

And for a password of "pass1234" it says InvalidPassword

Any ideas?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Registered User

Hi;

Note: I am running this from a winforms app, not ASP.NET. My config is:
private static string memberConfig = "<add
name='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider' " +
"connectionStringName='MembershipSqlServer'
enablePasswordRetrieval='false' " +
"enablePasswordReset='true' requiresQuestionAndAnswer='false'
applicationName='/WindwardPortal' " +
"requiresUniqueEmail='false' passwordFormat='Hashed'
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts='5' " +
"minRequiredPasswordLength='5' minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters='0'
passwordAttemptWindow='10'/>";

And for a password of "pass1234" it says InvalidPassword

Any ideas?

Not really but the memberConfig string assignment suggests you need to
investigate using an app.config file.

regards
A.G.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Dave,

Do you mean the problem here is targeting another error in your web.config
file rather than your winform user creation code and the password you
passed in it, correct? As far as I know, when you use the
SqlMembershipProvider to create the user, it will follow the rules you
defined in the NameValueCollection during the initialize time.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else we can help.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead