Why this ASP code all of the sudden stopped working?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Max,

I've also tried the url, seems when I try open the csv file, it report
error indicate that the file is not available.

Anyway, I suggest you test your code against some server documents(maybe on
your local server) that are ensured to work. thus, you can may sure it is
not your scritp code that cause the problem. Mostly it is possibly that
ther server document has something incorrect.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

Anthony Jones

Max2006 said:
Hi,

This classic asp code :

<%
Dim objXMLHTTP
Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("microsoft.XMLHTTP")
objXMLHTTP.Open "GET",
"http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=ABX+ABX.TO&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv",
False
objXMLHTTP.Send
Response.write objXMLHTTP.ResponseText
%>

Returns the follwoing error:

msxml3.dll error '80070005'
Access is denied.
/tsx/sg.ASP, line 8

Is there any way I can fix that?

Apart from the fact that the URL you've provided doesn't appear to be
accessible anyway. You should use "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0" or (since
you're not actually getting XML) "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1".

jp2code

Sup Max?

Looks like it is working today.

Maybe Yahoo!'s site was down at the time for maintenance. You could ask
them, but by the time they answered you, we'd both have forgotten what the
question was!

BTW: That's a neat way of grabbing stock quotes! I like it. Do you have more
to show? :)

"Max2006" asks: