why was my mail sent twice?(no ruby-related)

冷雨

During using the mailing list I always send my mail twice.(see in "sort_by
is not stable?")
I just wrote a mail and then sent it to "(e-mail address removed)".
how to use mailing list correctly?

John W Higgins

Good Morning,

During using the mailing list I always send my mail twice.(see in "sort_b= y
is not stable?")

You aren't sending it twice - it's just how GMail works - it adds your
response to the "conversation" inside GMail and then you get it via the
mailing list (as you are a subscriber) and therefore GMail has it up twice
for you in the "conversation".

I wouldn't worry about it much.

John

冷雨

So everyone else wouldn't see it twice?
Thanks for your response.

Good Morning,

You aren't sending it twice - it's just how GMail works - it adds your
response to the "conversation" inside GMail and then you get it via the
mailing list (as you are a subscriber) and therefore GMail has it up twic= e
for you in the "conversation".

I wouldn't worry about it much.

John

--=20
Lai, Yu-Hsuan

Josh Cheek

So everyone else wouldn't see it twice?
Thanks for your response.
No, you're fine, we only see the one post.

FYI, the convention here is to post responses below the quote you are
responding to.

Thomas Yao

During using the mailing list I always send my mail twice.(see in "sort_b= y
is not stable?")
I just wrote a mail and then sent it to "(e-mail address removed)".
how to use mailing list correctly?

I met the same problem when I was sending a post or thread to this mailing =
list
I think it's weird, gmail won't receive the mail I sent to other
mailing lists, but in ruby-talk, it does

So I'm wondering is it a configuration problem of the mailing list?
Any ruby-talk's manager here?
It's a little disturbing actually

--=20
@ghosTM55
Mechanism, not policy

lw lw

only once for me

I met the same problem when I was sending a post or thread to this mailin= g
list
I think it's weird, gmail won't receive the mail I sent to other
mailing lists, but in ruby-talk, it does

So I'm wondering is it a configuration problem of the mailing list?
Any ruby-talk's manager here?
It's a little disturbing actually

--=20
it'me

zuerrong

2010/11/8 Zhi-Qiang Lei said:
No, I didn't see your duplicated mail.

Only the poster himself will see the duplicated message.
That is cuased by gmail, not by the list daemon.

--=20
Kind regards,
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Zuer (=E7=A5=96=E5=84=BF)