Win32::ODBC problem

Regent

Hi folks

I'm basically a newbie to Perl...Plz forgive my stupidity :))
I'm getting lots of "Use of uninitialized value in array element at C:/Perl/lib/Win32/ODBC.pm line 256" error messages. Since there're a number of scripts, I don't even know which should be pasted here, though the error message "referer" (strangely) has nothing to do with ODBC, coz it's a higher level caller. Could anyone give me a clue what is the usual cause of such error msgs? Thanks for ur tolerance...
Regent
(e-mail address removed)

James Willmore

I'm basically a newbie to Perl...Plz forgive my stupidity :))
I'm getting lots of "Use of uninitialized value in array element at
C:/Perl/lib/Win32/ODBC.pm line 256" error messages. Since there're a
number of scripts, I don't even know which should be pasted here,
though the error message "referer" (strangely) has nothing to do
with ODBC, coz it's a higher level caller. Could anyone give me a
clue what is the usual cause of such error msgs? Thanks for ur
tolerance...

Start with the basics.
Put 'use strict;', 'use warnings;' and 'use diagnostics;' right under
the shabang (the first line of *your* script - starting with '#!').

This will give you a lot of output, but will also help you figure out
what may be wrong. With the information you've given, I'd guess that
you are using the Win32::ODBC module improperly.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
I don't care for the Sugar Smacks commercial. I don't like the
idea of a frog jumping on my Breakfast. -- Lowell, Chicago
Reader 10/15/82