WinAPI videos? how to play videos beside avi?

jon

Hi, I was hoping someone in this section could help me with a C based
API that plays videos, all different kinds of videos. I have found
how to play .avi files, but playing other files seems to be a lot
harder. I know you must use codec's (unless i'm mistaken) and thats
where I get lost, but I think you have to use COM in it somewhere, but
it's over my head, could someone please help me??

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Jack Klein

Hi, I was hoping someone in this section could help me with a C based
API that plays videos, all different kinds of videos. I have found
how to play .avi files, but playing other files seems to be a lot
harder. I know you must use codec's (unless i'm mistaken) and thats
where I get lost, but I think you have to use COM in it somewhere, but
it's over my head, could someone please help me??

The fact that you want to do this from a program written in C does not
make this a C language question. You need to ask about this a group
that supports your platform, most likely a Windows group line

It's not a function provided by the C language or its standard
library.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

santosh

jon said:
Hi, I was hoping someone in this section could help me with a C based
API that plays videos, all different kinds of videos. I have found
how to play .avi files, but playing other files seems to be a lot
harder. I know you must use codec's (unless i'm mistaken) and thats
where I get lost, but I think you have to use COM in it somewhere, but
it's over my head, could someone please help me??

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Try using one of the multimedia libraries like GStreamer, xine etc. A
Google search should help you far more than posting to this group,
which has nothing to do with video.