Windows Presentation Foundation

Ryan Liu

Hi,

What is the relationship between WPF and ASP.NET ?

Is that WPF going to replace WinForm based desktop applications? But for web
application, it is a different story?

I am going to develop a web project, ocz I'd like it to be supported by most
web brewers. I know asp.net render basic html of client side, so it is not a
problem. But will WPF .xbap file be as popular? And is it just a client
technology? If so, how can it interactive with ASP.NET?

And are there WPF newsgroup?

Thanks!
Ryan

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Ryan Liu said:
Hi,

What is the relationship between WPF and ASP.NET ?

Two different UI technologies.
Is that WPF going to replace WinForm based desktop applications? But for
web application, it is a different story?

There is a push for WPF to replace desktop, as it is richer and separates UI
from business rules and data access.

WPF for web applications is called Silverlight.
I am going to develop a web project, ocz I'd like it to be supported by
most web brewers. I know asp.net render basic html of client side, so it
is not a problem. But will WPF .xbap file be as popular? And is it just a
client technology? If so, how can it interactive with ASP.NET?

I think you will find Silverlight 2 to be more popular than XBAP.
And are there WPF newsgroup?

There are forums currently:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=119&SiteID=1