Windows Server 2003 problems

Guest

Hi

I have an asp.net application that I send to my customer for installataion
on his Windows Server 2003. The installation is working fine but when he
tries to browse the login.aspx page he gets the error message: "The page
cannot be found". It works fine on a Windows Server 2003 that I have.

What can be wrong in his environment?

Thanks
Julia

Juan T. Llibre

Does he have ASP.NET 2.0 enabled ?
( If the app is 2.0... )

or

Does he have ASP.NET 1.1 enabled ?
( If the app is 1.1... )

When running in Windows Server 2003,
ASP.NET must be -specifically- enabled in the IIS Manager.

Guest

Hi

and thanks for the answer.

If you mean in the Wen Service Extensions then he has the ASP.NET v1.1.4322
(status allowed). So, yes, this is not the problem.

/Julia

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hi

I have an asp.net application that I send to my customer for installataion
on his Windows Server 2003. The installation is working fine but when he
tries to browse the login.aspx page he gets the error message: "The page
cannot be found". It works fine on a Windows Server 2003 that I have.

What can be wrong in his environment?

Thanks
Julia

Have you begun with the basics?
1) Is the WWW service running?
2) Can you navigate to a non aspx page, say a html or a gif image?