works on Mozilla doesn't work on IE window.opener.document

Peter

Hello all, i'm very new at javascript and I was hoping somebody could
help me out.

I have the following javascript code inside a php form:

foreach ($cm_phase_val['PHASES'] as $key => $ph){
echo <<<EOM

<script>
var defaultSelected = false;
var selected = false;
var optionName = new Option('$ph', '$ph', defaultSelected, selected)
var length = window.opener.document.$form_name.$field_name.length;
window.opener.document.$form_name.$field_name.options[$key]= optionName;
</script>

EOM;

}

basically it takes a values from column in a table and displays it on
the parent window drop down.

For some reason it only works on Mozilla. doesn't work on IE and don't
know how to debug it on IE. It doesn't have a javascript console debugger.

Can somebody give me some tips.

Thanks
Peter

Martin Honnen

Peter said:
var optionName = new Option('$ph', '$ph', defaultSelected, selected)

Try
var optionName = new window.opener.Option('$ph', '$ph',
defaultSelected, selected)
instead.