WPF Browser Application VS ASP.Net Web Site

DNB

WPF Browser Application VS ASP.Net Web Site

We will be soon developing our new Web based project. We are still thinking
should we use XBAP/WPF (XAML Browser Application)
or regular ASP.Net Web Project.

What are the Pro and cons of using these.

Any idea

Thanks
DNB

bruce barker

a wpf browser project is the same as writing a java applet/application, only
you use IE and .net instead. you would do it for the same reasons you would
write a java application.

the main wpf cons are:

1. User must have .net installed, and use IE to access the app.
2. slow load time (.net vm must be loaded and app jit'd)

the main wpf pros:

1. rich UI (winforms)
2. coding understood by windows programers

the main asp.net cons:

1. programmer must learn web model
2. somewhat limited UI
3. cross browser testing required

the main asp.net pros:

1. cross browser compatiability (universal access)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)