writing to another server under the same domain

Guest

Hi
What is the best practice to write to another server under the same domain?

Here is my scenario, two servers each running a DC as a backup of each
other, and AD is stalled and configured to sync. On each of the server I
will deploy an ASP.NET application which will need to write a set of files
under the Inetpub directory of each server, and I need to make sure the same
set of files exists on both of the servers, here is what I can think of and
would like to seek your comments / advice

1. configure the directory under Inetpub using Dfs, and just let the ASP.NET
application to write to one and let the Dfs do the sync / replication task.

2. to modify the ASP.NET application such that the set of files get written
on each of the server, but how? or can I do this?

TIA

Rob Meade

1. configure the directory under Inetpub using Dfs, and just let the
ASP.NET
application to write to one and let the Dfs do the sync / replication
task.

You could install Application Center 2000 and let that handle the file
replication/synchronisation
2. to modify the ASP.NET application such that the set of files get
written
on each of the server, but how? or can I do this?

Create a share on both and write to the directories with the UNC?

Regards

Rob

Guest

Thanks
I just figure out something similar, write to one and do a File.Copy with
the UNC and a share.