XHTML Complaint?

Guest

Is there anything that can make it easier for an asp.net developer create a XHTML complaint page?

Thanks,
Harold

Guest

Well. Like <br /> turn to <br> if I go from html view to design view and edit stuff. Also quotes disappear.

Craig Deelsnyder

suicidaltendencies said:
Well. Like <br /> turn to <br> if I go from html view to design view and edit stuff. Also quotes disappear.
Unfortunately you can't totally turn off the reformatting vs.net does.
There are some options to turn alot off, but it always does, even in
vs.net 2003 some still happens. Whidbey is supposed to be the end-all
solution where you can stop it totally.

Does <br></br> work? Couldn't remember if I tried that before....

Otherwise, you may have to do your final pass after doing your design
work, at the last possible minute...

Craig Deelsnyder

Craig said:
Unfortunately you can't totally turn off the reformatting vs.net does.
There are some options to turn alot off, but it always does, even in
vs.net 2003 some still happens. Whidbey is supposed to be the end-all
solution where you can stop it totally.

Does <br></br> work? Couldn't remember if I tried that before....

Otherwise, you may have to do your final pass after doing your design
work, at the last possible minute...
Oh! and i think there is an option to have it insert quotes around
attributes. Check out hte Options menu...

Guest

Thanks for you reply. I'm going to try your suggestions and I'll let you and everyone else know if it works

Harol

Teemu Keiski

Also, becoming ASP.NET 2 will be XHTML compliant, that's the plan. See:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2003/11/25/39620.aspx

--
Teemu Keiski

suicidaltendencies said:
Is there anything that can make it easier for an asp.net developer
create a XHTML complaint page?

It's not pretty, but you could use a filter that runs HtmlTidy over the
response stream (see http://tidy.sourceforge.net/)