Xilinx ISE 9.1i problem.

Daniel

Hi,
I'm working with ISE 9.1i and it seems to be removing some LOCed
pins.
I have a top level with a grop of input pins (xBBIO_N0...xBBIO_N31)
and output pins (xPMC_N0...xPMC_N31). All I do in my design is to add
a component who does an assignation (31 times in a "for generate"):

IBUF(i=>xBBIO_N0,o=>xPMC_N0)

When PAR finishes and I open the CSV file, I see that all those
signals are are gone!.

In the Map report I see a suspicious warning;
WARNING:MapLib:701 - Signal xBBIO_N0 conected to top level port
xBBIO_N0 has been removed

The Xilinx´s knowledge database refers to ISE 8.1 but I'm using ISE
9.1!!.

There is a thread (http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/
comp.arch.fpga/2005-09/msg00169.html) about this problem but none of
those solutions worked. Because I cant set "AD I/O buffers" option
(other errors appear in that case).

Am I forgetting a constraint or something?.

Regards,
Daniel.

Symon

Daniel said:
Hi,
I'm working with ISE 9.1i and it seems to be removing some LOCed
pins.

Am I forgetting a constraint or something?.
Dear Daniel,
Probably not. My guess is your logic has been optimised away.
Check that the inputs to your circuit are being driven.
HTH., Syms.

Daniel

Hi,
finally I could solve the problem. I used an IBUF por the input port
and an OBUFT for the output. I also had to force a PULLUP in UCF file
for output pins... don`t really know why... no either know why a OBUFT
and not just an OBUF, but I solved!.
Thanks.

Daniel.