?-xism:

fishfry

The statement

print qr/abc/;

produces the output

(?-xism:abc)

I looked in man perlop and didn't find a clear description of what this
means. Where's this documented? What's it mean?

David K. Wall

fishfry said:
The statement

print qr/abc/;

produces the output

(?-xism:abc)

I looked in man perlop and didn't find a clear description of what this
means. Where's this documented? What's it mean?

Try perlre instead.

"(?imsx-imsx)"
One or more embedded pattern-match modifiers, to be turned on
(or turned off, if preceded by "-") for the remainder of the
pattern or the remainder of the enclosing pattern group (if
any). This is particularly useful for dynamic patterns, such

gnari

fishfry said:
The statement

print qr/abc/;

produces the output

(?-xism:abc)

I looked in man perlop and didn't find a clear description of what this
means. Where's this documented? What's it mean?

try perlre

gnari