xlrd-0.8.0 .xlsx formatting_info=True not imlemented

python-excel

hi,

i just tried xlrd-0.8.0 so as to be able to read xlsx files only to discover:

NotImplementedError: formatting_info=True not yet implemented

there's a post from 2009 stating that the current intention is to not
support formatting_info:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/python-excel/Thso62fdiSk

is that still the current intention?

if so, is there any other way to tell how many digits excel would round to
when displaying a floating point number? that's my only reason for needing
formatting_info=True.

cheers,
raf