xlrd 0.9.0 released, now with Python 3 support!

Chris Withers

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.9.0:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.9.0

This release means the supported versions of Python supported by xlrd
are 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.3!

Very exciting stuff, and a massive thank you to
Thomas Kluyver (@takluyver on GitHub) for doing the bulk of the work to
make this happen.

Also thanks to Martin Panter (@vadmium in GitHub, if I'm following
correctly) for his additional work on the pull request and Manfred
Moitzi for re-licensing his unit tests so we could include them.

This is obviously a big release, so I wouldn't recommend jumping on it
in production just yet, but it would be great if people could get
testing on both Python 2 and Python 3.

If you find any problems, please ask about them on the
(e-mail address removed) list, or submit an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd/issues

Full details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:

http://www.python-excel.org/

cheers,

Chris