xlutils 1.1.0 released!

Chris Withers

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of xlutils. This is a small
collection of utilities that make use of both xlrd and xlwt to process
Microsoft Excel files.

The list of utilities included in this release are:

xlutils.display
Utility functions for displaying information about xlrd-related
objects in a user-friendly and safe fashion.

xlutils.filter
A mini framework for splitting and filtering Excel files into new
Excel files.

xlutils.margins
Tools for finding how much of an Excel file contains useful data.

xlutils.save
Tools for serializing xlrd.Book objects back to Excel files.

xlutils.styles
Tools for working with formatting information expressed in styles.

To find out more, please read here:

http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/xlutils

In case you're not aware, xlrd and xlwt are two excellent pure-python
libraries for reading and writing Excel files. They run on any platform
and, likely, any implementation of Python without the need for horrific
things like binding to Excel via COM and so needing a Windows machine.

If you use any of xlrd, xlwt or xlutils, the following google group will
be of use:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/python-excel

Hope some of this is of interest, I'd love to hear from anyone who ends
up using it!

cheers,

Chris