XML documentation for website

Guest

Is there a way to generate XML documentation from an ASP.NET 2.0 website? I
don't see any options for /doc.

I can't convert the site to a Web Application.

Thansk
Eric

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Eric,

Which files you want to generate xml documentation for? only the source
files in App_Code or you also need to generate xml documentation for those
code behind files of webform?

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Eric,

I've been doing research on your question. At first, I've tried to use
<system.codedom> configuration setting in web.config to change the compiler
switch to use "/doc", unfortunately due to how web site is designed
(compiles each web form into a single assembly), we could only get one web
form's generated xml documentation file (since you can only specifiy a file
name, and different xml files are overwritten each other).

Anand Raman from our product group also described this limitation in
following thread:

#SandCastle Getting Started Help - MSDN Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1174747&SiteID=1

The only solution would be to use Web Application Project. Could you please
tell me the reason why you think it's not possible to use it?

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Eric,

Does the info in Walter's last reply helps you a little? If there is
anything else we can help, please feel free to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Guest

Yes, thanks for answering.

I hoped there would be a better, easier solution, but I can live with it.

Eric