XML MULTI-TABLES parsing and mySQL

Federico Bari

Hi all,

I'm a bigginer using XML with Perl or PHP; I have to manage xml files
storing datas of more than one table (inside the same xml file), and use it
to update a mySQL database (the xml schema is a copy of the mySQL database).
I'd like to know if somebody could suggest an easy and fast way to extract
datas from each table and row or if you can suggest me simple tutorials. For
example is it possible refer to a table inside the xml file calling it by
name? and then extract each row of the table "table_name"? and then call
heach field of the row of "table_name" with its name too ("field_name")?
Thank you very much,

Federico.