XML Project Guidance in ASP.Net environment: How to best produce XMLfile

rdalejackson

I have a very basic ASP.Net application with SQL 2005 express back
end. I need some direction on which way to proceed on a project I have
been charged with.

I need to be able to build an xml file on demand with a specified
schema and elements that get populated from data entered through the
web interface. I need to insert the data elements from the db into the
xml file, grab actual documents from a data store (network folder) and
zip all together into one file (xml file with data + actual pdf
documents) for submission to an XML web service (provided by another
party). Any guidance or outline of options to consider would be
greatly appreciated.

See sample schema:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/
XMLSchema">
<xs:element name="Application">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="Program" type="xs:unsignedShort" />
<xs:element name="PRJID" />
<xs:element name="AppNmb" />
<xs:element name="PrjName" />
<xs:element name="ProjStrNmb" />
<xs:element name="ProjStrAddr1" />
<xs:element name="ProjStrAddr2" />
<xs:element name="ProjCity" />
<xs:element name="ProjStAbbrev" />
<xs:element name="ProjZip" />
<xs:element name="ProjZip4" />
<xs:element name="FName" />
<xs:element name="LName" />
<xs:element name="IDNmb" />
<xs:element name="Email" />
<xs:element name="PhoneNmb" />
<xs:element name="FaxNmb" />
<xs:element name="Notes" />
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="doc">
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="Memo">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="doc">
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="Auth">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="doc">
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:attribute name="type" type="xs:string" use="required" />
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="Rpt1">
<xs:complexType>