XML to pdf using fop - error message

Shiny

Hi to all,

I am relatively new to XML and XSL-FO and am currently creating a
document using the two, and would like to have the output in .pdf. For
this I am using apache's fop. Initially I got the
java.lang.NullPointerException error, upon which I checked if my docs
were valid. I had missed out on the flow element, which I inserted and
now I get the following error:

[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[ERROR] javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: stylesheet erfordert
Attribut: version

It is asking for the version of the stylesheet, which I find
surprising because I have mentioned the version number in the root
element (apart from of course the XML version in the first line). What
am I doing wrong?

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks a bunch!!

Regds,
Shiny