[XPOST] Controlling the commandline via ASP/WSH

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Lorenzo Bolognini, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    I have a problem letting this small script I wrote work correctly. In
    particular i can't manage to execute commands that require user
    input/confirmation. How should i handle that?

    If you are going to try it i suggest you to start passing it a simple "dir
    c:\"

    Thank you,
    Lorenzo Bolognini

    -------------------------------
    place it in a file called wcl.asp
    -------------------------------
    <%
    'THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND
    'EVEN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
    %>
    <head>
    <title>WebCommandLine</title>
    </head>
    <%
    action = Request.Querystring("action")
    Select Case action
    Case ""
    %>
    <form action="wcl.asp?action=exe" method="post">
    <input type="submit">
    <input type="reset">
    </form>
    <%
    Case "exe"
    command = Request.Form("command")
    Set WshShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    'could put the log on the ftp dir so it could be downloadable
    WshShell.Run("cmd.exe /K " & command & " > C:\CHANGE_THIS_NAME.log")
    Set WshShell = Nothing
    Response.Write("Command: <font color=red>" & command & "</font>
    executed! " & _
    "<br>Thanks for having used WebCommandLine!<br>" & _
    "<a href='wcl.asp'>New Command</a>")

    End Select
    %>

    Lorenzo Bolognini, Aug 15, 2003