.XSDs using Stored Procedures

GaryDean

With ASP.Net 2.0 applications I am used to accessing data by using a 2.0
dataset and using the dataset wizard to create the tableadapter. I always
(until now) have specified creation of embedded SQL instead of Stored
Procedures. This always generates a GetData method and then I use something
like the following code to get the data...

RCustByFranIDTableAdapter myAdapter = new RCustByFranIDTableAdapter();
DataTable myTable = new DataTable();
myTable = myAdapter.GetData((string)Session["FranchiseID"]);

This all works just fine.

I have created one now, however, and specified creation of a Stored
Procedure. I expected to be able to use the same methods but find that no
TableAdapter gets created - also no GetData method. It did, however, create
a stored procedure. Is this an error or is everything different when a SP
is specified for a dataset? I suppose I could access the stored procedure
directly but then why use a dataset.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Gary,

I've just tested it on my side using VS2005. The TableAdapter is created
correctly if I choose "Create new stored procedures" in the step "Choose a
Command Type". Could you please tell me how you created the DataSet?

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

GaryDean

OOPs, I thought it wansn't there (the class view sorts alpha and it name put
it somewhere else.)