XSLT 2.0 for C++

Jim Moss

May I ask if there is any interest in an XSLT 2.0 implementation for C+
+ that people would like to use in an Apache HTTP server environment
(i.e. non-Java, non-dotNet)?

Steve Ball

Hi Jim,

I have been working on an XPath 2.0/XSLT 2.0 implementation for
libxml2/libxslt. They are C libraries, rather than C++, but the
interface to C++ is trivial.

Work is stalled at the moment due to lack of resources (time and/or
money). Contact me for further information.

Cheers,
Steve Ball

Jim Moss

Thanks Steve for responding.

I posted my initial enquiry about XSLT 2 for C++ on Dec 12, 2009.
As of Dec 18, 2009 you are the only respondent (thanks).
That's fair enough time for a market survey in this forum.
Accordingly there can only be two possible conclusions:

1. Few people read comp.text.xml, or
2. Few people are interested in XSLT 2 for C or C++

Sadly this looks like that even if one were to produce a FOSS version
of XSLT 2 for, say, C++, the said one could not even give it away.

On a positive note though, one can say that more people seem to care
about global warming .. so guess that's a good thing.

Jim :-(

Joe Kesselman

If you want to survey the Apache community, I'd suggest that you ask on
Apache's own mailing lists -- probably the one for the C/C++ version of
their own XSLT processor.

--
Joe Kesselman,