    The thing that is going to cause problems - I can't install components on
    the web server so need a solution that is pure code!

    Thanks

    Keith, Feb 7, 2005

  2. You will not be able to do this with pure ASP. Installing Winzip and
    command line support is not an option either?

    You can purchase the Winzip command line add-on
    (http://www.winzip.com/downcl.htm) for Winzip (http://www.winzip.com/),
    "shell out" and execute the commands for the command line add-on to zip
    files.

    <%
    sCommand = "wzzip D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\htmlfiles.zip
    D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\*.htm"
    Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    oShell.Run sCommand, ,True
    Set oShell = Nothing
    Response.Write "<a href=""htmlfiles.zip"">Download zip file</a>"
    %>

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Feb 7, 2005

  3. Keith

    teknohippy Guest

    Plenty of zippy whotsits on aspin.

    http://www.aspin.com/home/components/file/filecomp

    All will need installing on the server though.

    Or if your server supports .net then a .net solution will cause less
    trouble on a server you don't have control of.

    http://www.411asp.net/home/assembly/file/filecomp

    teknohippy, Feb 8, 2005