Zope Guru...

bruce

Hi..

In doing some research into Workflow apps regarding document management, I
came across Zope. Given that it's Python Based, I figured I'd shout to the
group here...

Are there any Zope gurus that I can talk to regarding Zope, and what it
does/how it works? In particular, I'm looking for an app that I could use to
manage a pretty simple workflow for a bunch of scripts that are going to be
developed.

I envision having a number of people on the team, each developing/testing
various scripts. I then need to somehow manage the process of the scripts
going from development to testing to production, which is the workflow. At
the same time, I have to implement/enforce some form of Access control for
the users, so they don't screw up with files that they shouldn't touch...

If there's anyone on this list that I could talk to, I'd appreciate it..

Thanks

-bruce

bruno at modulix

bruce said:
Hi..

In doing some research into Workflow apps regarding document management, I
came across Zope. Given that it's Python Based, I figured I'd shout to the
group here...

Zope is Python based, but it's a world in itself, and probably not the
most pythonic app around (which doesn't implie it's a bad app !-).
Are there any Zope gurus that I can talk to regarding Zope,

Zope's mailing lists would be a better choice.
and what it
does/how it works?

http://www.zope.org
For short : Zope is an object-oriented web application server.

Cameron Laird

[...]

.
.
.
We have implemented workflow for several government agencies
that have moved their granting process on-line. These are
GREAT applications, in that they're such an advance on the
paper-and-FAX systems they succeed.

What you describe certainly is feasible with Zope. In this
regard, the nicest thing about Zope is that it's sufficiently
general-purpose and reliable that you won't be "caught" in a
dead end. The bad thing is that it simply isn't as polished
for specific domains as one might like, and as seems to have
been achieved in some other communities ("shopping carts" for
PHP, for example--note I'm not ratifying their security).

Start by reading the documentation other follow-ups have al-
ready mentioned.