77,000 and still counting - unbelievable

Oli Filth

SpaceGirl said:
Immoral life styles D? Care to explain that one?

I think he's probably implying things like intravenous drug use,
promiscuity and prostitution, which AFAIK have been the major factors
which have caused AIDS to become so widespread.

Obviously, whether or not these are "immoral" is subjective.

Oli

Travis Newbury

Brendan said:
Most benevolent world power perhaps. Even if it's true, being better than
everybody else doesn't make you good.

Doesn't make us bad either.

Eric Jarvis

Oli said:
I think he's probably implying things like intravenous drug use,
promiscuity and prostitution, which AFAIK have been the major factors
which have caused AIDS to become so widespread.

Obviously, whether or not these are "immoral" is subjective.

More to the point, why should the morality of a husband be relevant to the
situation of his wife, or the behaviour of parents be held against a
child. Sorry, but I think it's a total cop out.

Especially since the root cause in most places is poverty. Poverty that
enforces migrant labour and prostitution, the combination that is most to
blame.

The best thing that could possibly be done to slow down the AIDS epidemic
is to cancel the debt burden in most of the poorest countries and to
increase the budgets for the main education and development organisations.
Oh yes, and more outsourcing of jobs to the developing world.

C.W.

Need you be reminded that in a democracy it's the *MAJORITY* that rules?

Not necessarily or always. The majority rules thought is commonly
misapplied as that may happen more often than not .. but sometimes the
minority's side of the coin is heard and can be used to set a
precedent. Another thing to consider, when a majority wins out, is
that sometimes the majority wins out by a narrow margin.

But that's the only addition I can/will add to this "I want to argue
and insult for the fun of it" thoughts being shared in this thread.

Carol

Steve Sobol

Pistol said:
Yeh. So? What are you doing about it? Whining on a NG? Wow. All you're
inadvertently doing here is demonstrating a truism behind those
laughable "low productivity" beefs that drive I.T. jobs offshore.

That's right. Since I'm American, I must be a lazy prick who doesn't do
anything at all and expects the world in return.

Whoops, you got me.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Oli Filth scribbled in the mud:
I think he's probably implying things like intravenous drug use,
promiscuity and prostitution, which AFAIK have been the major factors
which have caused AIDS to become so widespread.

Obviously, whether or not these are "immoral" is subjective.

Oli

I think at least you understood what I was getting at. Remember I did say
"major cauce" Not the only cause. Now there are a lot of innocent victims
also paying the price.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:
I assume he's implying that you get AIDS only by buggering gay men and
the odd sheep. A common misconception.

AIDS came to the US from African by gay men but that was some time ago but
it was the beginning of it becomming so wide spread.

I have no idea why you would want to do an odd sheep when there are so many
that arn't odd.

SpaceGirl

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

AIDS came to the US from African by gay men but that was some time ago but
it was the beginning of it becomming so wide spread.

Now I know you are just being silly :)

One of the first know cases was a British family, who contracted the
disease in Africa - mother, father and daughter. What does this have to
do with gay men? It probably did originate in Africa, but there is NO
EVIDENCE other that ignorant myth that this has anything to do with the
gay community. There are far more heterosexual victims. Did they all do
drugs or have a bi-experience?

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Travis Newbury

SpaceGirl said:
One of the first know cases was a British family, who contracted the
disease in Africa - mother, father and daughter. What does this have to
do with gay men?

Since "aids" is not very contagious, the British family knows exactly
how it got the virus. There are not a lot of "mystery" cases out there.
Everyone that had aids (HIV) has been able to (or is capable of)
tracking down how they contracted it.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle SpaceGirl scribbled in the mud:
AIDS came to the US from African by gay men but that was some time ago
but

Now I know you are just being silly :)

One of the first know cases was a British family, who contracted the
disease in Africa - mother, father and daughter. What does this have to
do with gay men? It probably did originate in Africa, but there is NO
EVIDENCE other that ignorant myth that this has anything to do with the
gay community. There are far more heterosexual victims. Did they all do
drugs or have a bi-experience?

So you had 3 people that went to Africa and got fucked or did IV drugs.

Neal

So you had 3 people that went to Africa and got fucked or did IV drugs.

Perhaps - or maybe they got medical attention and received a tainted
needle. Why must you assume they had to have done something "immoral" to
become infected?

Travis Newbury

Neal said:
Perhaps - or maybe they got medical attention and received a tainted
needle. Why must you assume they had to have done something "immoral" to
become infected?

Damn immoral doctors re-using the needles...