Accessing ListBox Elements From ASP

f_salazar

English Version !!

Hi !!

I have a page with a Form, inside the form I have listbox with 'X' elements.

Wend I submit the page, an ASP process inside the page have to read those
elements and then save them in a database.

I try Request.Form("listbox") but doesnt work !

I dont know how do it and I cant use a server side listbox.

Thanks !!
--
Francisco J. Salazar - MCP
Versión En Español

Hola !!

Tengo una página con un formulario, dentro de este tengo un listbox con X
cantidad de elementos; cuando envío la pagina un proceso asp dentro de esta
misma página debe leer estos elementos para luego almacenarlos en la Base de
Datos.

He intendado con el Request.Form("listbox"), pero no funciona

No se como hacerlo, pero no puedo usar un listbox del lado de servidor.

De antemano Muchas Gracias

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What do "doesn't work" and "pero no funciona" mean? Do you get an error?
Do you get unexpected results? What is a listbox? Do you mean a <SELECT>
input? Tell us what's happening and show us what it's happening with.

Ray at work

f_salazar

Hi Ray !!

First at all, Im not good writing english and the first message is write in
english and Spanish !!

I have the usual page with 2 listbox to add or remove elements from one to
another !!

Im try to make a security page when you choose the users who has access to
the Web Application, passing them from one listbox to the other !!

When you are done, the you submit the page... and here is my question !!

I need to be able to read the elements from the 2nd listbox (it has the new
users) and then save that info to my database.

I try using the Request.Form("listbox2") sentence and dont retreive the
elements of the listbox !!

I need to know who can I do it !!

Thank you for the fast answer and for your help !!

Francisco !!

f_salazar

Hi Again !!

Yes the listbox = select ... sorry Im a VB 6 developer and right now Im
working with Visual InterDev.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Listbox is a <SELECT>, correct?

When you submit a form with a <SELECT> element, it only passes the items
that are selected. You can either use some client-side code to mirror the
items in a hidden input, or add some javascript to select all of the items
in the <SELECT> just prior to submitting. Example:

<script type="text/javascript">
function selectAll(o) {
for(var i=0;i<o.length;i++) {
o.selected=true;
}
return true;
}
</script>

<form method="post" action="youraction.asp" onsubmit="return
selectAll(listbox2);">
<select name="listbox2" multiple>
''options added by your existing code
</select>