animated GIF plays too slowly

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Robert Oschler, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. If you look at the spinning diamond animated GIF on this page:

    http://audio.spiderchase.com/

    you will see it spinning at about half the rate I want it to spin it. It
    does spin at the right speed in ULead GIF animator before I export it.
    What's weird is, when the page first loads, for about a 1/2 second it spins
    at the right speed and motors down to the slower rate. It's as if Internet
    Explorer can't keep up with it or something. There seems to a ceiling to
    the frames per second I can get. I tried lowering the interframe delay to
    less than 1/50 of a second which should be blazing, but it stays at the same
    slower speed (except for the first 1/2 second as I said).

    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    thx

    --

    Robert Oschler
    "Let the web hear you, add your voice to your web site in minutes!"

    Robert Oschler, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Robert Oschler

    Don McCahill Guest

    Robert Oschler wrote:

    > If you look at the spinning diamond animated GIF on this page:
    >
    > http://audio.spiderchase.com/
    >
    > you will see it spinning at about half the rate I want it to spin it. It
    > does spin at the right speed in ULead GIF animator before I export it.
    > What's weird is, when the page first loads, for about a 1/2 second it spins
    > at the right speed and motors down to the slower rate. It's as if Internet
    > Explorer can't keep up with it or something. There seems to a ceiling to
    > the frames per second I can get. I tried lowering the interframe delay to
    > less than 1/50 of a second which should be blazing, but it stays at the same
    > slower speed (except for the first 1/2 second as I said).
    >
    > Any ideas on how to fix this?
    >
    > thx
    >
    > --

    Reduce the number of frames played. You are right, the browser/computer
    cannot keep up to the play rate you are setting.

    Don McCahill, Jul 23, 2003