[Ann] RefleX 0.3.0 is out !

Discussion in 'XML' started by Philippe Poulard, Dec 13, 2007.

  1. RefleX is the crème de la crème for processing XML with XSLT, XQuery, on
    the Web, on the command line interface, for hosting tag libraries, and
    for handling non-XML objects like if they were XML !
    http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

    ===> RefleX consider most of the things to handle as XML :
    -you have a directory ? apply the XPath expression //* on it and you'll
    get the files under the subtree ; and it works on local and remote file
    systems, and even on zip, tar, jar files etc
    -you have an SQL query ? map it to an arbitrary complex XML structure :
    you can also use XPath to browse the SQL result

    ===> RefleX can query native XML databases such as eXist with XQuery,
    apply XSLT stylesheets, and choose the parsing style (DOM or SAX) almost
    transparently : it is straightforward to "cast" a DOM document to a SAX
    document or the opposite, and merging a set of DOM fragments into a
    single SAX document can be done with very few tags ; active tags can be
    mixed with litteral tags like in XSLT

    ===> RefleX will help you to build test suites for applications that are
    dealing with XML datas (even if your application is not a RefleX
    application) ; this is the job of XUnit, which is itself a RefleX
    application (made 100% with tags)

    ===> RefleX offers means to implement easily processing-purpose XML
    languages ; additionally, some core concepts can be considered at
    design-time to enhance the expressiveness of your own declarative
    languages ; binding an active tag to its implementation is trivial, and
    custom tags can also be made with macros tags

    ===> RefleX is available freely and you'll find lots of tips and
    tutorial in the documentation ; the learning curve is not steep for
    people that know XSLT and XPath since the basic concepts are very
    similar : you mix active tags with litterals, and the documents are
    XPath-centric, but instead of having a single instruction set (this is
    the case in XSLT), you'll have several ones

    Still writing thousands lines of code ? Use a dozen of tags instead, use
    RefleX !
    Visit RefleX at INRIA's gforge :
    http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

    --
    Cordialement,

    ///
    (. .)
    --------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------
    | Philippe Poulard |
    -----------------------------
    http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/
    Have the RefleX !

    Philippe Poulard, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Philippe Poulard wrote:
    > RefleX is the crème de la crème for processing XML with XSLT, XQuery, on
    > the Web, on the command line interface, for hosting tag libraries, and
    > for handling non-XML objects like if they were XML !

    For what it's worth: I know everyone's (by definition) a huge fan of
    their own project, but in my experience that kind of advertising
    language tends to turn off newsgroup readers. Telling us a newversion is
    out is good; pointing us to the website is good; telling us what's new
    about this release is good... but it's probably better to let the
    website carry the beginner/marketing pitch.

    Joseph Kesselman, Dec 13, 2007