[ANN] **updated** One-Click Ruby Installer 1.8.2-14 RC8 for Windows

Curt Hibbs

I just posted an RC8a that (I hope) corrects the problems with TCL/TK
(following the instructions of (e-mail address removed) -- thank you!). If
you don't use TCL/TK there is no need to download this updated installer.

The TCL/TK support is still compiled with the --enable-tcltk_stubs option
and I could successfully run *some* of the TK samples (tkhello.rb,
tkdialog.rb) but not others (tkcombobox.rb), so I'm not 100% confident that
I've got it right.

I also removed the "ruby182-14_TEST_TCL_2" file because RC8a is more
up-to-date.

Curt

*** Original Announcement ***

This release candidate of the One-Click Installer for Windows
adds the FreeRIDE Ruby IDE (which has full source code
navigation and a graphical debugger), and updates ruby-odbc
to version 0.994.

As soon as Matz releases Ruby 1.8.2 final, then we will release
the final 1.8.2 version of the One-Click Installer

Curt

You can download this release candidate from:
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167

===== Original Text from RC7 Release =====

Ok, ok... I know I said no more releases until
1.8.2 final, but Matz just released 1.8.2
preview2 so I thought I would get an installer
out that includes this before I go on my vacation
tomorrow. There were no other changes since rc6 Enjoy!

===== Original Text from RC6 Release =====

This release candidate of the Ruby Installer for Windows
was built from the recently released Ruby 1.8.2 preview1.
Unless serious problems are reported, this will probably
be the last release candidate until matz releases 1.8.2
final.

There were four changes since RC5:
- tab-completion in irb now works
(thanks to _why for his help).
- The OpenGL support that was
inadvertently left out of RC5
is back in.
- Start menu shortcuts have been
added to online documentation on
ruby-doc.org.
- The "reboot" dialog message at the
end of the installation has been
removed to enable unattended
installations using the command
line arguments:
/S /D=<install dir>

You can download this release candidate from:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167

You can check for reported problems (or report
new problems) at:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=167

What is the Ruby Installer for Windows?
---------------------------------------

The Ruby Installer for Windows is a "one-click",
self-contained Windows installer that contains
the Ruby language itself, dozens of popular
extensions and packages, a syntax-highlighting
editor and execution environment, and a Windows
help file that contains the full text of the
book, "Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's
Guide".

Change Log for 1.8.2-14_RC6
---------------------------
- This is a build of Ruby 1.8.2 preview1.
- Corrected missing OpenGL support.
- Added Start Menu shortcuts to documentation
on ruby-doc.org.
- Eliminated the installer dialog message that
warned you might need to reboot your system.
This allows for unattended installs using the
command-line arguments:
/S /D=<install dir>
- Changed the layout of the Windows registry
entries.
- Fixed a typo in a windows registry entry
(bug 643).
- Upgraded Expat to version 1.95.7
- Upgraded Ruby-odbc to version 0.993
- Upgraded DBI to 0.23