Annoucement:XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java App Framework

Discussion in 'XML' started by David Moskowitz, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Infoblazer LLC is pleased to release the XX Framework under the LGPL open
    source license. Version 1.0 is available for immediate download.

    The XX framework is a configurable, XML-centric implementation of the MVC
    development paradigm that incorporates simple and commonly used patterns of
    development. The framework promotes a use case oriented development
    approach.

    A key goal of the framework project is to generate fully functioning web
    applications that use an open J2EE/XML/XSL approach that can easily be
    modified and enhanced.

    The framework currently includes full automation functionality, where HTML
    form fields can be mapped directly to database fields for display or update
    without additional coding. XML files are used for configuration and XSL is
    used for display. Open source tools such as Hibernate and Castor are also
    utilized.

    Some benefits of the framework are:

    -Extremely simple to use.

    -Built around open web standards, including J2EE, XHTML, XML, XSL, and CSS.

    -Built-in, configurable data caching and thread pooling for optimal
    performance.

    -Integrates with web services or native java classes.

    -Uses a Portal-based approach to page design, allowing easy
    compartmentalization of functionality.

    The framework is licensed under the LGPL, and is hosted at
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xxframework/. For more information, please
    visit http://www.xxframework.org/.

    Thanks,

    XX Framework Team

    David Moskowitz, Feb 22, 2006

  2. David Moskowitz

    Nick Kew Guest

    Re: Annoucement:XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java AppFramework

    David Moskowitz wrote:

    > The XX framework is a configurable, XML-centric implementation of the MVC
    > development paradigm that incorporates simple and commonly used patterns of
    > development. The framework promotes a use case oriented development
    > approach.

    ROTFL! I expect it's great for engineering next generation solutions
    to enable maximization of developer income by means of enhanced
    buzzword use (as our favourite IRC 'bot says of Java).

    Is he serious, or is this a b***** good parody of buzzword-overload?

    (no offence meant. I wouldn't dignify trash like stylus-spammer
    with any kind of reply:)

    --
    not me guv

    Nick Kew, Feb 22, 2006

  3. First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct forum for an
    annoucement such as this.

    I don't quite follow your comment. Whats wrong with an open source project
    that some people find useful. The title is actually very descriptive of what
    it does.

    Dave

    David Moskowitz, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Re: Annoucement:XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java AppFramework

    Simply ignore contentless sniping. Everyone has a bad day now and then.

    Though he's right that your announcement is a bit heavier on hype than
    on useful info, which is a turn-off for some readers. At some point I'll
    make time to read the website, which presumably gives more useful
    information about exactly what niche you're trying to hit and what you
    think your solution offers that others don't.

    Joe Kesselman, Feb 23, 2006
  5. David Moskowitz

    David Moskowitz wrote:
    > First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct forum for an
    > annoucement such as this.

    I don't have a problem with a one-off announcement here (though
    of course that's not speaking for anyone else here).

    I just found the second paragraph in particular very funny: I've
    seen parodies of jargon that don't come near you in terms of
    piling on the buzzwords so thickly.

    Sorry, should have just had a private giggle:)
    Probably a case of humour that doesn't travel well.

    --
    not me guv

    Nick Kew, Feb 23, 2006
  6. David Moskowitz

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Nick Kew <> writes:
    >I just found the second paragraph in particular very funny:
    >I've seen parodies of jargon that don't come near you in terms
    >of piling on the buzzwords so thickly.

    At least, neither "MDA" nor "UML" was mentioned!

    Recently I read:

    »Eight years after the invention of XML, DOM and SAX,
    despite their respective issues, are still the mainstays
    of application developers.

    So is it the end of road for XML parsing innovation?

    The VTD-XML team think not. We are proud to announce the
    availability of both C and Java version 1.5 of VTD-XML,
    the next generation open-source XML parser that goes
    beyond DOM and SAX in terms of performance, memory usage
    and ease of use.«

    <>

    While these paragraphs also contain technical information, the
    wording was also carefully chosen so as to make quite a glamorous
    presentation for the product.

    Stefan Ram, Feb 23, 2006
  7. David Moskowitz

    Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Nick Kew <> writes:
    >
    >>I just found the second paragraph in particular very funny:
    >>I've seen parodies of jargon that don't come near you in terms
    >>of piling on the buzzwords so thickly.

    > At least, neither "MDA" nor "UML" was mentioned!

    :)

    No, buzzwords for their own sake come typically from recruiters
    who haven't a clue what they're talking about.

    > Recently I read:
    >
    > »Eight years after the invention of XML, DOM and SAX,
    > despite their respective issues, are still the mainstays
    > of application developers.

    You could stop right there and rubbish it.

    > So is it the end of road for XML parsing innovation?

    Even if we accept the first paragraph without qualification,
    we're left with the logical fallacy of equating a stable "mainstay"
    with an absence of innovation.

    > The VTD-XML

    Golly, what an imaginative name. I wonder if the product lives
    up to ... oh, wait a minute, can't say that or the transpondians
    will take it literally.

    team think not. We are proud to announce the
    > availability of both C and Java version 1.5 of VTD-XML,
    > the next generation open-source XML parser that goes
    > beyond DOM and SAX in terms of performance, memory usage
    > and ease of use.«

    A bold claim, despite the tortured language. I see no backing
    whatsoever for it, but then, maybe that was in a later paragraph.
    Good thing we already rubbished it after the first paragraph.

    > While these paragraphs also contain technical information, the
    > wording was also carefully chosen so as to make quite a glamorous
    > presentation for the product.

    I think it's qualitatively different: gibberish vs garbage.
    The OP in this thread had me wondering if it was April 1st.
    The post you cite is something I'd just have ignored, had it
    not been for the context in which you quoted it. I expect
    that's why I have absolutely no recollection of it.

    --
    not me guv

    Nick Kew, Feb 23, 2006