XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java App Framework

Discussion in 'Java' started by David Moskowitz, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Infoblazer LLC is pleased to release the XX Framework under the LGPL open
    source license. Version 1.0 is available for immediate download.

    The XX framework is a configurable, XML-centric implementation of the MVC
    development paradigm that incorporates simple and commonly used patterns of
    development. The framework promotes a use case oriented development
    approach.

    A key goal of the framework project is to generate fully functioning web
    applications that use an open J2EE/XML/XSL approach that can easily be
    modified and enhanced.

    The framework currently includes full automation functionality, where HTML
    form fields can be mapped directly to database fields for display or update
    without additional coding. XML files are used for configuration and XSL is
    used for display. Open source tools such as Hibernate and Castor are also
    utilized.

    Some benefits of the framework are:

    -Extremely simple to use.

    -Built around open web standards, including J2EE, XHTML, XML, XSL, and CSS.

    -Built-in, configurable data caching and thread pooling for optimal
    performance.

    -Integrates with web services or native java classes.

    -Uses a Portal-based approach to page design, allowing easy
    compartmentalization of functionality.

    The framework is licensed under the LGPL, and is hosted at
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xxframework/. For more information, please
    visit http://www.xxframework.org/.

    Thanks,

    XX Framework Team

    David Moskowitz, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Why are you not using the c.l.j.announce group for this sort of thing?

    /tom

    tom fredriksen, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Sorry, my mistake.

    David Moskowitz, Feb 23, 2006
  4. I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for an annoucement like this. I
    haven't been frequenting the newsgroups for some time.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    David Moskowitz, Feb 23, 2006