Anybody used Brinkster lately for web hosting?

Macsicarr

Hi All

I know brinkster has been round for a while, but I always classed it as sort
of free host site like geocities and the like.

I've just had an email from them and from an ASP developer point of view
they now seem to be doing some good hosting packages.

Price isn't fantastic, but they offer .net as standard and more importantly
their servers seem to be far more flexible in that you can use Versign's
secure payment dlls for shop cart payment verification and even set up your
own secure server so that the http and the https data can be on the same
domain and web space. This latter feature would have got me out of so much
crap if my current ISP could do it because I'm currently 'session chasing'
between 2 different hosting spaces for the http and https sides of my shop
cart site.

My question is has anybody used Brinkster lately, in particular the features
I've mentioned, and found that they are good/bad?

Thanks Mac

Turkbear

[...]

No to plug them( do not and have not worked for them), but have you looked into:

http://myhosting.com/

They seem to be reliable and inexpensive for what they offer ( Not sure about all your requirements)

Kyle Peterson

also check www.alentus.com

asp is their business and their support is killer

ask for permissions to be set and they usually do in less than an hou.. etc
etc

3000.00 of commerical asp components accesable to you per server

wmain

I've been using Brinkster for about a year with no problems. I have no need
for the https but you can check out the site http://transwest-tb.com and ses
the performance. It is a 100% sql server driven asp.net application.

William Main