Are you using vs.net 2003 & 2005 beta on same machine?

VB Programmer

Just wondering...

Have you had any issues using both vs.net 2003 and 2005 beta on your
machine? (including the 2 frameworks) Or, do they work pretty autonomously?
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hashimisayed

I have VS 2005 Beta 2 and VS 2003 and they work great. No problems what
so ever. Note that I did have problems with Beta 1, however.

sayed

Kevin Spencer

No problemo, except that VS.Net 2005 has a bug with reference to creating a
Setup project for a Service, that also breaks VS.Net 2003's ability to
create a Setup project for a Service. Thankfully, I can use installutil.exe
to install the Service. Other than that, I haven't encountered anything.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I had major issues installing beta 1 on the same computer as VS2003.
Definitely don't install the VS2005 beta on a critical production work
computer whether or not VS2003 is on there.

Kevin Spencer

I agree. Wish I didn't have to!