Running .Net 2003 and 2005

Guest

Does anyone know of any issues running VS.NET 2003 and 2005 on the same PC ?
I have active apps running in ASP.NET 2003 with crystal report and dont want
the site to break. Thanks !!

I've ran with that configuration before.
It's no problem at all.

Guest

Does anyone know of any issues running VS.NET 2003 and 2005 on the same PC ?
I have active apps running in ASP.NET 2003 with crystal report and dont want
the site to break. Thanks !!

For me it works just fine

George Ter-Saakov

No issues, except when creating new Project you might have to manually set
correct version of .NET it should be running under with IIS Management
tool.

Also you need to create new Pool for different versions of .NET again using
IIS Management console.
George.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The only potential issue I know of is having to set up separate application
pools in IIS for each version.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello danstdotnet,

Make sure that your set the desired ASP.NET version into the VirtualFolder
properties and Pool

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

d> Does anyone know of any issues running VS.NET 2003 and 2005 on the
d> same PC ? I have active apps running in ASP.NET 2003 with crystal
d> report and dont want the site to break. Thanks !!
d>

showhertheohface

We run both where I work and the only issues we have is with the App
Pools. You just need to make sure you create at least 1 for each
ASP.Net version. Sometimes I find that if you assign the wrong AppPool
to the wrong version it can bring down all sites that have conflicting
app pools.

Erik Roessing