asp and activeperl on same iis5.0 machine

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by bbxrider, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. bbxrider

    bbxrider Guest

    i'm new at this so, please bear with me
    win2k adv serv, iis5.0, front page extensions installed, activeperl
    installed

    can asp and activeperl coexist on the same iis server?
    the install for the active perl didn't have any notes about asp and none of
    the iis settings had to be changed that i remember

    had some asp/vbscripts working ok,
    then installed active perl
    perl scripts work ok
    but now all the asp scripts that worked before come back with, http 500
    internal server error
    nothing more than that in my w3svc3 log file, see next line
    80 POST /phstest3.asp |-|ASP_0145|New_Application_Failed 500 www.mysite.com
    Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0;+YComp+5.0.0.0)

    haven't seen any activeperl user groups, so if this is considered alien
    ground for posting a perl related question, again please bear with me
    bbxrider, Dec 3, 2003

  2. bbxrider

    Atrax Guest

    > can asp and activeperl coexist on the same iis server?

    of course. they do on mine. sounds like you have friendly errors enabled
    in your browser, btw. You'd be well advised to turn them firmly off, and
    then you'll get sensible error info. you'll probably find it's something
    far less baffling than it looks now.

    Atrax. MVP, IIS
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

    newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/

    Atrax, Dec 3, 2003

  3. bbxrider

    bbxrider Guest

    thanx for the confirmation, evidently mine is ok, it was just a coincidence
    that the error came with installing activeperl
    1. turned off the friendly error thing
    2. then error was http1.1 couldn't start new process, same error really as
    in the w3svc3 log file
    3. tried to solve problem with Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 210842 ,
    it somehow freed up asp but its overall bogus,
    each new site access requires prompted username/pswd/domain, lol, so
    switched backed to the default ISUR_MACHINENAME
    and still working,
    4. so still don't know what caused prob in first place, not sure why it was
    solved but am working again

    bbxrider, Dec 3, 2003