ASP does not work

Bil Click

We have a new installation of Win XP Pro, SP2 with IIS 5.1. None of the ASP
pages will function - they just display ALL the code on the page, including
code between script tags.

..asp is listed in Application Mappings for the Default Web Site properties.

Seems like I'm missing something obvious...???

PBS

Enable it on the server.
Therefor you need to go to the Internet Information Services in the control
panel.

Bil Click

Do you mean Internet Options in Control Panel? I see nothing relating to ASP.

In Administrative Tools>Services both IIS Admin & WWW Publishing are running
under Local System Account.

I also noticed when I try to browse http://localhost I get error 500.100,
permission denied on GetObject.

SP

he's talking about the IIS Manager
Under your Administrative Tools folder "Internet Information Services"

Bil Click

And do what in IIS manager?

As stated, I have already:
- Ensured both IIS Admin & WWW Publishing services are running.
- .asp is listed in Application Mappings for the Default Web Site properties.

Edward

I have the "Web sites" AND "FTP Sites" folder listed as running. But, my
ASP.NET is still not activated. I right clicked on the web sites folder, the
ftp sites folder and the SMTP Virtual Server and clicked Start for each one
of them. I still cannot get access to ASP.NET. Am I doing something
incorretly? What are the proper menu commands to enable IIS in the IIS
Console?

Mr Beaton

You would want to do the following:

1. Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Expand <your servername>
3. Click Web Service Extentions, which potentially is the bottom-most
organisational unit.
4. In the right pane of the manager, select the appropriate technology, and
click Allow.

Abracadabra. It now works.