ASP - Email - Exchange server for SMTP?

Rob Meade

Hi all,

I have no knowledge of Exchange server, and have always used CDO to send
emails from ASP in the past. My problem now is that the server in question
doesn't have SMTP installed alongside IIS, it has Exchange installed which
apparantly does have SMTP capabilities but not like the default ones
normally accessbile via IIS.

Has anyone ever used this approach to sending emails? I'm hoping that I
dont need a component or anything else, just some changes to my existing
email code (see http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026).

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Use the sample code that shows a remote server address, and use the IP
address / server name where Exchange lives. You may need help from the
Exchange administrator to allow the server to receive SMTP messages and
relay them for all domains...

Rob Meade

Use the sample code that shows a remote server address, and use the IP
address / server name where Exchange lives. You may need help from the
Exchange administrator to allow the server to receive SMTP messages and
relay them for all domains...

Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply.

I *believe* (but might be wrong) that the Exchange server is the same one
that the website (their Intrane) is hosted on, ie, localhost, if so, I guess
I dont need the remote example still? But the relaying is something I could
get them to check I guess..

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Rob