asp error 0126

masonj

For no apparent reason, my webpage cannot be brought up due to an
internal server error. My host tells me an asp 0126 error occurred
because an include file is missing. Its there. I've also checked the
code in the .asp and found everything to be accurate (I mean nothing
has changed and it was working fine before). Any ideas? I can post
the code if you'd like to see it.

Thanks,
Mason

Dan Boylett

masonj said:
For no apparent reason, my webpage cannot be brought up due to an
internal server error. My host tells me an asp 0126 error occurred
because an include file is missing. Its there. I've also checked the
code in the .asp and found everything to be accurate (I mean nothing
has changed and it was working fine before). Any ideas? I can post
the code if you'd like to see it.

What happens if you try removing the reference to the include? Does it work
then?

Posting the code would probably help.

Roland Hall

:
: For no apparent reason, my webpage cannot be brought up due to an
: internal server error. My host tells me an asp 0126 error occurred
: because an include file is missing. Its there. I've also checked the
: code in the .asp and found everything to be accurate (I mean nothing
: has changed and it was working fine before). Any ideas? I can post
: the code if you'd like to see it.

It's not where you're telling it.

Here are the issues I had when first using includes:

1. You have two options: file and virtual
2. Correct syntax:
If current path is /files

<!--#include file="somefile.asp--> ' current directory
<!--#include file="../asp/somefile.asp--> ' other directory off parent path
<!--#include file="inc/somefile.asp--> ' other directory off current path

<!--#include virtual="/asp/somefile.asp--> ' other directory off root
<!--#include virtual="../asp/somefile.asp--> ' other directory off parent
path
<!--#include virtual="inc/somefile.asp--> ' other directory off current path

3. Incorrect syntax:
<!--#include file="/asp/somefile.asp--> ' other directory off root path

This will generate an ASP 0130 error because you cannot precede the path
with a / or a \.

4. Referencing file in wrong location:
<!--#include file="asp/somefile.asp-->

If you were in /files and /asp is where the file is, then this is incorrect.
If you're using FILE instead of VIRTUAL, then you had to remove the / and
possibly just put in asp/somefile.asp but you can't get there from here.

It will generate an ASP 0126 error in this format:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
Include file not found

/filename.asp, line #

The include file 'somedirectory/somefile.asp' was not found.

You will either need:
<!--#include file="../asp/somefile.asp-->

or
<!--#include virtual="/asp/somefile.asp-->

If you're using virtual, then the same applies. This is why I ALWAYS use
virtual because I always know where the root is and it doesn't matter what
directory I'm in. I just start at the virtual root.

5. The other possibility is you're just pointing to the wrong directory or
you're running Sun's Chili!Soft, on a *nix box and the filenames are
case-sensitive.

HTH...

--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.
-Technet Knowledge Base-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
-Technet Script Center-
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
-MSDN Library-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

Mason Myers

Roland...

I've tried the things you posted with no luck. I did notice that you
use the *.asp file as the target, while my include references an *.inc
file. Here's the code:
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onsubmit="return
FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" name="FrontPage_Form1">
<!--webbot bot="SaveDatabase" startspan suggestedext="asp"
u-asp-include-url="_fpclass/fpdbform.inc"
s-dataconnection="founder"
s-recordsource="Results" u-database-url="fpdb/founder.mdb"
u-confirmation-url="http://www.gearheadfans.com/paypal.htm"
s-builtin-fields="REMOTE_HOST HTTP_USER_AGENT Timestamp
REMOTE_USER"
s-builtin-dbfields="Remote_computer_name Browser_type
Timestamp User_name"
s-form-fields="race5 race6 address birth_year birth_day
Payment_Type fax email other_phone_number first_name birth_month zip
phone_number city race1 race2 race3 sex State race4 membership
last_name"
s-form-dbfields="race5 race6 address birth_year birth_day
Payment_Type fax email other_phone_number first_name birth_month zip1
phone_number city race1 race2 race3 sex State race4 membership
last_name" --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP"
VALUE="0"><!--#include virtual="_fpclass/fpdbform.inc"--><!--webbot
bot="SaveDatabase" endspan --><p>

I do appreciate the help.

Mason