ASP.NET 1.1

Colin Basterfield

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes anyways.

I am using VS.NET 2003, and with 1.1 of the framework, but when I try to
create a C# Web Service it states

"Visual Studio.NET has detected that the Web Server is running ASP.NET
Version 1.0..."

It says I should upgrade to ASP.NET 1.1. but that as I understand it is
installed automatically when one upgrades to Framework 1.1, so assuming that
to be true how can I change my Web Server so that it runs ASP.NET 1.1. Is
there a config file somewhere which is simply stating the wrong version?

Any help would be great
TIA
Colin B

Saurabh Nandu

Hi,

The following steps will convert your IIS to run on ASP.NET v1.1

1) Go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 directory in command
prompt.
2) Run the following command
aspnet_regiis -i

This will make your ASP.NET applications run on .NET v1.1

Regards,
Saurabh Nandu
[ MVP | Author]
www.mastercsharp.com

t gadget

Hi,

I experience the same problem and I already tried this aspnet_regiis
tool in the correct directory.
i also used an administrator account, so this should not be the problem.

:-(
Any ideas?

Regards,
Thomas

Colin Basterfield

Hmmm,

I tried this and it did install ASP.NET 1.1..., but I still get the same
dialog come up when I try to create an C# ASP Web Service...

I posted it on another web site, so I'll look there. Thing is I don't think
it did it before, so I'm wondering what has changed?

Many thanks to both of you for your help. I've been away
kitesurfing/boarding, so haven't read your responses til today.

Cheers
Colin B