ASP.NET in Windows 2000 Server

Sebastian Martinez

Hi,

I have a problem with ASP.NET 2.0 and Windows 2000 Server. I develop a
WebService for ASP.NET 2.0, in Windows XP Professional with VS.NET 2005 and
works correctly. I have installed the netframework 2.0 Beta in a Windows
Server 2000, but when i run then webservice, then i get the following message:

Server Error in '/servicios' Application

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Unable to convert input xml file content to a DataSet.
Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Source Error:

Line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Line 2: <xs:schema id="PlantacionDataSet"
targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/PlantacionDataSet.xsd"
xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/PlantacionDataSet.xsd"
xmlns="http://tempuri.org/PlantacionDataSet.xsd"
xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata"
xmlns:msprop="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msprop"
attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified">
Line 3: <xs:annotation>

Source File: /servicios/App_Code/PlantacionDataSet.xsd Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50215.44

How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks.

CESAR DE LA TORRE [MVP]

Have you changed (within Web.config) Custom Error with Mode = "Off" ??
This way, you should see the exact error.

Like the following:
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Or, execute the page within the same server-console if you have it like
"RemoteOnly".
This way, you should see the exact error. I you cannot solve it, then, send
us that error.
--
CESAR DE LA TORRE
Software Architect

Renacimiento
[Microsoft GOLD Certified Partner]

CESAR DE LA TORRE [MVP]

Sorry, I didn't read your whole message. You are already sending the exact
error.
Let me see...
--

Sebastian Martinez said:
[...]

Is it possible that you compiled your WebService with VS.2005 BETA 2 but
installed .NET 2.0 Framework RC1 (instead BETA 2) on the W2K box?