ASP.NET Web Setup Projects & Application Center 2000

Guest

Hello,

I've a web setup project where I include a custom action and an Installer
class, in order to disable anonymous access in the web-application to be
created.

This was done by following the article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...internetinformationserverduringdeployment.asp
- "Modifying Internet Information Services During Deployment with Custom
Actions". I converted this code to work in C# though.

In order to be overcome the issue with deployment to non-default websites,
I've patched .NET 2003 in accordance with the following KB-article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821335 - "FIX: You
cannot deploy a Web Setup project to Web sites by using host headers or IP
addresses in Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2002 Service Pack 1".

This works fine, in most instances. However, the Web Setup installation
package doesn't work on our Application Center cluster, and the error seem to
be to retrieve the correct DirectoryEntry object (IISObject - see code sample
below).

---
IISObjectPath = ("IIS://" + (machineName + ("/W3SVC/" +
servers.ToString())));
IISObject = GetIISObject(IISObjectPath);
----
private DirectoryEntry GetIISObject(string strFullObjectPath)
{
DirectoryEntry IISObject;
try
{
IISObject = new DirectoryEntry(strFullObjectPath);
return IISObject;
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
throw new Exception(("Error opening: " + (strFullObjectPath + (". "+
ex.Message))));

So the question is: Does Web Set up projects work on Application Center
clusters?

Cheers,
Jan

WenJun Zhang[msft]

Hi Jan,

I will reply you in Application Center newsgroup. Thanks.

Best regards,

WenJun Zhang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical
phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business
down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and
Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/4001
0469
Others: