ASP net worker process blowing up !!

Ashish

is ASP net worker process designed to retain memory ? , i.e is it like
get as much memory as possible and then dont release it, unless required
by operatin system,

we have a web application and some analysis of the application on some
of our production servers shows that the aspnet process never releases
memory !, its always trying to get more and more and then it reaches a
plateau stage and then we have to recycle it , or it will start giving
system resource out problem

any suggestion, pointers would be appreciated, or any documents on how
internal memory is managed in asp.net process, and if it is any
different than any normal process

thanks
-ashish

bruce barker

your code has a memory leak. common causes are com objects (release not
called) and static (shared in vb) varables.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)